Saturday, January 16, 2010

Little guy gets heard, in a big way

People: I'm in USAToday! I was interviewed by USAToday Washington Bureau correspondent Mimi Hall last week, representing the liberal blogosphere alongside top national political figures and groups like David Swanson, Frank Luntz, Donna Brazile, Friends of the Earth, and the ACLU. From Obama's liberal base 'disengaged' – by Mimi Hall, USAToday, 3/10/10: Regardless, a growing number of liberal groups and activists say they've had enough of Democrats who break their promises or cater to conservatives. "The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is now in shock," says longtime Democratic activist-turned-blogger Chris Bowland, 52, of Santa Rosa, Calif. "It's very clear the party hates us and has no respect for its base." Bowland, who this month changed his party registration to the Green Party, says the Democrats are going to pay for it at the polls in November. "Who is it that shows up to man your phone banks and who goes knocking on your doors? Unions and left-wing activists like me," he says. But Obama has broken his campaign promises and now, "we've had it. I'm done." Actually, I got six lines in the article, the greatest number devoted to any person interviewed (Brazile also got six lines). Although Hall misspelled my name (Chris "Bowland"), my statements and point of view on this important issue were accurately reported and got VERY wide coverage, which is what counts (the article attracted 3650 online comments!). It's an excellent short article, and I hope you'll be able to take the time to read it in it's entirety. Not bad for a random citizen like me ... just a regular guy with a laptop, an opinion, and a commitment. Thank you. Pass it on. The Democratic Activist

No comments:

Post a Comment